We are a Waikato-based creative technical agency and 2020 winners of Microsoft New Zealand’s Partner of the Year award. Our mission is to deliver human-centred technology solutions from the shores of New Zealand to the rest of the world. With a clear focus on this mission, and some of the finest talent in the country, we continue to lead amongst NZ Microsoft partners in delivering innovative solutions to our customers at home and internationally.
What we are looking for
We’ve got an exciting opportunity for an experienced Product Owner to work supplier-side with a client Product Manager on the next generation of their customer self-service platform.
With a high level of skill in communication and building rapport, you will represent the client to the development team, share the client vision and goals, plan the work, own the product backlog and lead the team to ensure the right customer problems are being solved.
What you’ll be doing
- Providing leadership and direction to the development team and stakeholders of one of our North American clients. A global leader in their field.
- Creating and capturing requirements and features from customers; ensuring these are represented in the backlog and translated into user stories.
- Leading product release planning and managing and tracking the progress towards the release of a product.
- Working with the Product Manager on the product vision, road-map and growth opportunities.
- Planning and prioritising the product backlog and development as priorities change.
- Ensuring deliverables meet acceptance criteria and generate value.
Ideally you will have
- Tertiary qualification or significant work experience as a Product Owner.
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles.
- Experience leading successful teams and projects, working with cross-functional teams and multiple teams at the same time.
- Expertise in capturing requirements using a range of techniques, writing user stories and following the development process through user story acceptance.
- Outstanding oral, written and interpersonal communication with both technical and business audiences, including strong presentation ability.
- A self-directed attitude, with the ability to identify opportunities and drive solutions to completion with minimal oversight.
- The ability to move between the big picture and the detail required to get the work done.
- The ability to be flexible with work hours as some of our clients are in North American.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to draw conclusions and take action.
- Creative thinking ability to grasp a vision and generate options.