Once we have established goals for each service, developed personas and mapped our customer journeys, we can match content to its optimal place in the overall experience.
To do this, a content inventory needs to be created which will:
- Rank content against: relevancy, brand compliance, SEO.
- Categorise as: dynamic, static or application, type (image, video) and function.
- Assign content to a service owner.
We use the inventory to identify content gaps based on personas and journey maps, and match content to the appropriate location, channel and management process.
The purpose of a content audit is to:
- Create a content inventory
- Isolate key personas and needs
- Identify critical gaps
- Enable consistent channel management matched to content type
- Consolidate duplicate content
- Remove unnecessary content
- Ensure brand compliance
- Create content governance guidelines
- Lead nurture through content
- Create a rich site content experience
- Create a successful content lead customer journey